UPDATE: Added some new songs here, Aug. 18.
Pay someone a backhanded favor: give them a mix-tape of the worst songs you can think of. In our modern world of politeness and law, it can be hard to take revenge on someone who really deserves it, or waiting for an opportunity to "get back" in a way that's appropriate can take forever. So get them by giving them insufficient courtesy. It won't reflect poorly on your taste, because your friends will find out what you're up to, and enjoy the joke.
Here are some suggestions to get you going:
1. Stay - Lisa Loeb
2. Margaritaville - Jimmy Buffet
3. Just Go Ahead Now - Spin Doctors
4. Little Miss Can't Be Wrong - Spin Doctors
5. Escape (The Pina Colada Song) - Rupert Holmes
6. Mr. Jones - Counting Crows (note: if you want women to like you, you can't let it be known that you don't like this one)
7. Take A Letter, Maria - R.B. Greaves
8. Me And Julio Down By The School Yard - Paul Simon (this one is annoying because, while it could be good in theory, as executed by Paul Simon in actual practice, it comes off as patronizing, white-boy-wanna-be-Latino (I think Simon even fakes a Latino accent) and makes him look like a weiner)
9. You Oughta Know - Alanis Morissette
10. Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden
11. Bad Day - Daniel Powter
12. Story Of A Girl - 3 Doors Down
13. Mm-bop - Hanson
14. All of the Creed songs.
15. All star - Smashmouth
16. Before He Cheats - Carrie Underwood
17. Crocodile Rock - Elton John
18. Jessie Paints A Picture - John Denver
19. Rat In A Cage - Smashing Pumpkins (say what you want about how talented Smashing Pumpkins are- Billy Corrigan wrote this song so he could sing, in his whiny nasal voice, the lyric "Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage," over and over and over again, and there's nothing especially redeeming about the music. James Iha and good old what's-her-name would have been much better off ditching this egomaniac before recording this song and starting a side-project with that dude from Tool (the one who's supposed to be a real good guitarist and everything). Despite some other alright songs, this song is annoying.)
20. She's Always A Woman To Me - Billy Joel (this song shows how misogynistic Billy Joel is, and it's also musically annoying)
21. Hey Jealousy - Gin Blossoms
22. Hotel California - The Eagles
I like a lot of songs, and it's hard to think of more than these I truly don't like. If you any suggestions, please e-mail.